RALEIGH’S HILLSIDE FARM SEEKS PART-TIME CREW MEMBER TO JOIN OUR FARMING TEAM!
Raleigh’s Hillside Farm is seeking a skilled, part-time crew member to join our small farm team for the 2017 season! We are a 100-member, 4-acre organic CSA vegetable farm located just south of Evansville, Wisconsin. Husband and wife farming team Kyle and Lauren Rudersdorf own and operate the farm on leased family land. We are in our fifth season of production and managing a CSA. We also sell to several restaurants in the Madison area.
As a crew member of Raleigh’s Hillside Farm, you will be involved in all aspects of the farm’s production including seeding, transplanting, weeding, harvesting, washing, packing CSA boxes, and any other farm maintenance needed. You will work closely with farmers and have ample opportunities to get an in-depth look at the farming process. This is a great experience for anyone looking to start their own vegetable farm one day.
If you are a reliable, responsible, motivated and hardworking individual, then this job is for you! We are looking for an energetic, motivated and passionate person who knows how to work hard while having fun. Applicants should be active communicators who enjoy being a part of a team and working outside in any sort of weather. Attention to detail and willingness to learn is extremely important for this position. Ability to lift 50 pounds is required. While previous farming experience is preferred it is not required.
- The position will begin as early as April 17th (though we are flexible on start date) and continue through the end of September.
- Crew members are expected to work with us to create a regular weekly schedule of 28 hours per week. Tuesday availability is required for this position.
- Work days begin at 9 a.m. and end around 5 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break.
- Starting pay ranges from $10-12 based on experience with the opportunity for performance-driven raises and bonuses throughout the season.
- In addition to biweekly pay, you will be free to take vegetables home from the farm each week.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume (including 2-3 non-family references, at least one farm-related reference highly encouraged) and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working on our farm to email@example.com or fill out our Online Application Form.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: March 31st, 2017 or until position is filled. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.